When it comes to your vehicle, for the safety of you and other drivers on the road, it is crucial that you can see where you are going. Windshield wipers and their fluid play a critical role in this, as does having a clean windshield and other windows throughout your vehicle. As a vehicle owner, one of the most frustrating parts about your vehicle’s maintenance, can be trying to keep your windows clean. Because we care about all things cars, trucks, and SUVs, we are going to help you out and provide some tips on an easier way to clean the inside of your car windows.
Is There an Easier Way to Clean Inside Car Windows?
Having your vehicle’s interior windows clean and clear of obstructions is important for every driver. If you have ever tried to clean your windows before, you have probably noticed that it is not as easy as you would like. You likely spent time and put in an effort on your windows only to find that they are left with streaks and your view may be even worse off than before you started. Let’s review from tips for getting your vehicle’s windows clean, in an easier way.
- Move your vehicle to a shaded area. You want to keep your windows cool when you are trying to clean them, so parking in the shade, is your best option to avoid our Phoenix sun. If you park in direct sun, the heat can be easily absorbed, making the cleaner and water evaporate before you can clean the windows. This can leave behind streaks and spots.
- Start with a dry wipe. You can use paper towels or microfiber cloths when cleaning your windows. Microfiber cloths are recommended because they don’t leave fibers behind like paper towels do. Whatever you chose, during this step, keep it dry and wipe the inside of your windows in an up and down motion. This step should help to remove any film or layer of dirt that may be on your windows, so you don’t spread it around while you try to clean them.
- Select a window cleaner. There are many glass cleaning products you can choose from or you can make your own. Avoid using glass cleaners that contain ammonia, as that can cause damage to parts of your vehicle. Once you have a cleaner, spray it directly onto the cleaning cloth. Avoid spraying the cleaner directly onto the glass. Too much cleaner can make the glass hazy.
- Start cleaning. Now it is time to rub the dampened cleaning cloth on your windows. Do this in a circular motion while working from top to bottom. Try to get all areas of your windows, even the hard to reach corners. Don’t forget to roll your windows down a bit to ensure you get the top sections that may not be visible when your windows are up.
- Dry the glass. For the last step, you should wipe the glass dry with a new or the backside of the cleaning cloth. This helps to eliminate any left behind streaks. You can repeat all of the above steps as many times as needed to get sparkling clean windows in your vehicle.
Using the above method should make cleaning the inside of your car windows easier. It’s important to have clean windows in your vehicle to reduce glare and enhance your visibility.
At Advanced Transmissions & Emissions, while we won’t clean your vehicle for you, we can help with your Phoenix automotive repair needs. We know just how important your vehicle is to you, including how it looks.
Advanced Transmissions & Emissions specializes in transmission repair, rebuilding, and remanufacturing and all your Phoenix automotive repair needs from transmissions, clutches, engine repair, AC, steering, suspension and more. We are a full-service auto mechanic repair shop. If your Check Engine Light is on, call us we can do a diagnostic check while you wait.
Our technicians understand cars, trucks, and SUVs inside and out, enabling them to address all makes and models’ problems. Most importantly, our team works quickly when we bring a car into our shop.
We understand your time is valuable, and we want to get you back on the road quickly. Contact us today.